Monday, January 16, 2012

RaidCall? Yes.

I've recently downloaded a software called RaidCall, which I use when playing my favorite FPS Begone. RaidCall is low-latency voice chat. The problem a lot of gamers experience with voice-chat software such as Skype is that it uses so much bandwidth that it makes your cpu lag and makes your game unplayable, or at least unenjoyable. RaidCall is so low-latency that my ping, which is usually between 35 and 50 in Begone, was the same as it always is, and I have an older cpu with XP. I had fun communicating with my teammates while we killed noobs! It is not only for gaming, because later I had two girls in Russia trying to teach me to speak Russian in the international chat room, lol. Quick download and free. I recommend it to all. Their website is http://raidcall.com/

2 comments:

  1. It’s about a recent indie game called Rogue Legacy, and the post is pretty much the sort of thing you’d expect to read here. I sent it to Medieval War Games instead because he’s been too busy doing science stuff in the States to write his own weekly post.

    ReplyDelete